Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Almost Missed a Birthday..

Captain America recently turned 70. Which, I suppose I could say I had celebrated a couple of weeks ago with Cap #1 Tribute Week. But that would be a lie. And lies are nothing but Hitler-talk, mister.

This is a bit of a cheat, but it's been a while since I put up a pic of Cap decking the Fuhrer. And I miss that. Like the deserts miss Hitler getting punched:

Close enough.
Okay, it's really just a bunch of garden-variety Nazis getting punched, but if you squint you can pretend Cap is punching a GIANT MONOCHROME HITLER STANDING BY A NARROW WINDOW!

This cover is from the Captain America 70th Anniversary Special, with art by Marcos Martin. The issue itself is decent, with a James Robinson story about a scrawny Steve Rogers still capable of whuppin' Nazi ass, and a reprint of a Golden Age story from Kirby and Simon where Cap stops a man dressed in what appears to be a really halfassed Batman halloween costume from killing all the members of the Brooklyn Badgers, complete with Scooby-Doo ending.

Olaf submitted this to me, but for once I had already beaten him to the (Hitler) punch, as I already had it scheduled.

No comments:

Post a Comment